NORSEMAN (2) was built in 1890 by Day, Summers & Co. at Northam, Southampton with a tonnage of 3664grt, a length of 236ft 2in, a beam of 31ft 2in and a service speed of 10 knots.
The Union's first steel hulled vessel, she was completed in July 1890 for the South African coastal service.
In 1893 she was sold to W. Bailey of Hull without a change of name. She was sold to L. Ballande, Fils & Cie of Noumea for their New Caledonia - Australia service in 1895 and renamed St. Antoine.
On 26th May 1928 she was wrecked on a shoal 30 miles southwest of Noumea.