DANE (2) was built in 1866 by J. Key at Kinghorn with a tonnage of 788grt, a length of 227ft, a beam of 28ft 2in and a service speed of 9 knots.
She was employed on the short-lived Ceylon line established by the Union Line in 1866. Within four years she returned to England.
IIn 1870 she was sold to Fonte Bella of St Michael's in the Azores and renamed Atlantico. Her career ended in 1878 when she foundered off the Azores.