WARWICK CASTLE (1) was built in 1863 by Robert Napier & Sons at Glasgow as a three masted ship with a tonnage of 1171grt, a length of 200ft 7in, and a beam of 33ft 8in.
She entered service in May 1863 on the Liverpool - Calcutta run but transferred to London in 1865. In 1870 she was sold to James Chambers' Lancashire Shipping Co. for their Liverpool - Calcutta and retaining her name.
She was renamed Cimbria in 1890 when she was sold to A/S Cimbria, S. W. Brunn of Kolding in Denmark. By 1805 she was owned by P. L. V. Schiaffino of Genoa with the same name and was broken up in Italy during 1911.