Master

From

To

C Warren

1866

1873

In 1866 John Wray & Son launched two ships called Burton Stather. One was a fishing smack, the other was the largest and probably most prestigious ship the yard ever built.

Career Summary

Launched on the 3rd January, she was a barque, 155' long, 27' wide and 15' deep. Built for Bullard, King & Co of London who ran the White Cross Line of Clipper Packets.

The White Cross Line traded between London and Port Natal, (now known as Durban) in South Africa. The master was Captain Charles Warren.

In September 1873 she was sold for £4,800 to William Andrews of Sydney NSW, Australia.

Vessel

Built

Tonnage

Official No

Ship Builder

Sailing Rig

Burton Stather

1866

421

54620

John Wray & Son

Burton Stather

3 Masted Barque

Burton Stather

HJLK

Home Page Previous Page Next Page
Bullard King