As built the second "Koodoo", brought out by the Union-Castle Line to replace the first "Koodoo" in East London, was a trim little craft.
With her transom stern, midships wheelhouse, lavender hull and red and black funnel, she had all the appearance of a miniature Union-Castle liner.
Her decks were purposely kept clear for her primary task was to ferry passengers out to the waiting ships at anchor.
In 1960 Koodoo being towed out of Port Elizabeth to be scuttled off Hood Point
1905 Deployed as tender at East London
1938 Sold to SA Railways & Harbours
J L Thornycroft & Co
2 x Compound Steam