St Briavels


Built in 1943 by Wivenhoe Shipyard in Essex.

Single screw diesel engine with a speed of 12 knots.

Sold to South American Saint Line in 1946 and converted to a training ship and renamed St Briavels.

In 1956 she was sold to Greek interests and renamed Athos.

She was broken up in Algeria in 1956.

The Log of the Cadet Training Ship St Briavels - 2nd Officer D L Battrick

Summer Cruise 1948 - Capt A A Havers

Spring Cruise Programme - 1949

Spring Cruise - 1949

Autumn Cruise Programme - 1949

Autumn Cruise - 1949

News from St Briavels - 1951

Vessel

Built

Service

Tonnage

St Briavels

1943

1946 Purchased from The Admiralty renamed St Briavels

1955 Sold to M G Allpress

345

Official Number

Ship Builder

Engine Builder

Engine Type

HP

Screws

162153

Rowhedge Ironworks

Wivenhoe

National Superior

Springfield OH

Motor

National Superior

500 NHP

1

South American Saint Line
Home Page   Email the Site     The Group Register   Previous Page Next Page South American Saint Line