Tintagel Castle (2)


TINTAGEL CASTLE (2) was built in 1954 by Harland & Wolff at Belfast with a tonnage of 7447grt, a length of 494ft 6in, a beam of 65ft 10in and a service speed of 16 knots.

Sister of the Tantallon Castle she was the last ship built for Union-Castle before the company was merged with Clan Line within the British & Commonwealth Group in January 1956.

She was sold to Armar Shipping Co. of Cyprus in 1971, renamed Armar, and remained with the company until 27th June 1978 when she arrived at Kaohsiung where she was broken up by Nang Eng Steel Enterprise Co.

Tintagel Castle - In the English Channel

Artist - Robert Lloyd


Union-Castle Home Page
Previous Page Next Page Go to Home Page South American Saint Line Springbok Line Castle line Union Steamship Co Union-Castle Line inc Union Line and Castle Line Scottish Tankers Scottish Shire Line Safmarine Mail Ships Houston Line Hector Whaling Co Clan Line Steamers Cayzer Irvine/CI Shipping Bullard King B & C Home Page Bowater Steamship Co Select Crew Lists King Line Steamship Co