T.S. "General Botha", Gordons Bay, 1931/32, cadet no. 579
After G.B. joined Clan Line for 3 year apprenticeship before returning to S.A. and joining Port Elizabeth Stevedores. This company was owned by T.B. Davis who donated the Ship S.A.T.S. General Botha to S.A. 1940 joined the 2nd Field Engineer Company and served in Egypt with the 8th Army followed by 3 years as a POW.
After WWII rejoined Port Elizabeth Stevedores in 1946 which was later bought by S.A. Stevedores.
Retired as branch manager in 1976.
Aubrey painted the Ship's badge on the dry dock wall in Simon's Town which is still there.